All pages of a website must have unique Meta tags.
a. Focus Keywords
To get the best keyword, go to https://www.semrush.com/, enter seed keyword and look for these criterias – ideally, must have high volume or searches per month but with very low competition.
Website : http://new.a1garage.com/
Seed Keyword : Garage door service
Look for the results under Keyword Analytics – Phrase Match and Related Keywords. Sample results under Phrase Match:
Best keyword to use is “garage door repair service”, because it has decent monthly searches in its niche but with low competition.
b. Meta Title
- One of the most important on-page elements, so remember to use the keywords (result from Semrush) in it. The focus keyword should appear in the SEO title.
- Because the title text is usually the most prominent part of your page displayed in search results, make it click-enticing and appealing to human searchers.
- Must not exceed 55 characters
c. Meta Description
- When rewriting your meta description, make sure that its length doesn’t exceed 155 characters with spaces.
- Make your meta description both keyword-rich and appealing to human searchers.
Ideally, the focus keyword should appear in the URL of the page.