Modifying your hosts file lets you view and test a site on one server while the rest continues to see the site on the original server. That makes it an essential tool when migrating your website.
Below is the simple process to do this.
- First, find command prompt
- Right-click on the cmd.exe icon.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the following command:
- Add the appropriate line at the end of your hosts file, then save and close the file.
- Flush your DNS cache
- Open an elevated command prompt as above, and enter the following command: