- Log in to your site’s dashboard (e.g. http://domain.com/wp-admin)
- On the dashboard’s left panel, click on “Plugins” and select on “Add New”.
- Search for the plugin “UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin” by UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson
- Click on the “Install Now” button.
- Wait for the installation to complete, then click the “Activate” button.
- An alternate way for installing the plugin is through downloading the zip file from the plugin’s page (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) and upload it by navigating through the site’s dashboard and by clicking on Plugins > Add New > Upload page.
How to Create a Scheduled backup
- Access plugin through the left panel on the site’s dashboard by clicking on Settings> UpdraftPlus
- Screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/I7Hads3kJ
- Click on the Settings tab
- Screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/07Im4Awm
- Choose your preferred backup schedule for your files that would include WordPress themes, plugins, images and other uploads.
- Select the backup schedule for your site’s database. (Site’s contents and settings are stored in the database.)
- On creating your backup schedule, base it on how often changes are applied on the site.
- Choose where you prefer to store the backups created. The preferred storage is through cloud storage. (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.)
- Click on a preferred storage service and see the setup instructions that will appear below the selected storage service
How to manually create a backup
- Access plugin through the left panel on the site’s dashboard by clicking on Settings> UpdraftPlus Backups and click on the “Backup Now” button
- Screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/4anKEkrra1B
- A pop up would appear which has selections on what files you would want to create a backup on. It would also let you choose if you would want to send the backup through a remote storage
- Click on the “Backup Now” button after your selected preferences
- Screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/f3xiR684N
- Wait for backup to complete
- Backup will also be sent through the set remote location
Restore Backups created
- Access plugin through the left panel on the site’s dashboard by clicking on Settings > UpdraftPlus Backups page and click on Restore button.