Modifying your hosts file lets you view and test a site on one server while the rest continues to see the site on the original server. That makes it an essential tool when migrating your website.
Below is the simple process to do this.
- First, find command prompt
- Right-click on the cmd.exe icon.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the following command:
- Add the appropriate line at the end of your hosts file, then save and close the file.
- Flush your DNS cache
- Open an elevated command prompt as above, and enter the following command:
Creating a wordpress theme from scratch is time consuming and not a bug free. So I prefer using a starter theme, one of the top wordpress starter theme today is Underscores they offer an easy to customize, FREE and bundled with necessary function Starter theme.
To Get started, just go https://underscores.me/ click the Advanced Option and fillup the field – https://www.screencast.com/t/doYiN6K8zR
Once you are done to fill up the fields you can click the generate button and it will provide you a theme archive containing all of the necessary files and templates to start developing your theme.
Users that have less knowledge on using Adobe Photoshop sometimes ask “Why I can’t save this image into a .PNG format. Well there are 2 the solutions.
1. (For this method only: Ctrl+Shift+S or Ctrl+S) You cannot save your image into a .PNG format because the Image Color mode of the document is set to CMYK and there is no solution for that to save an image into .PNG format while in CMYK color mode.
All you can do is change the color mode to RGB by going to the Menu>Image>Mode>RGB color.
2. The 2nd method is you don’t have to convert the color mode of your document to RGB. All you have to do is press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S and then a pop-up dialog and choose PNG-8 or PNG-24 in able for you to save your image in .PNG format.